The wind bit my nose
I tightened my scarf, you know how this goes
False protection against winter’s abode
A truck parked smack in the middle of the road
Leaving us with no where to go
Whirred, spurred, droned on
A noise not a sound
Repelling not drawing round
Reminiscent of sin
Where faith ends and flesh begins
Where love dwindles, and pride spreads its wings
Where grace is erased, and blame points fingers in each face
Oh Lord, come dwell in this place that feels like hell
Rescue those who fell
We need You to hold us through
We stand on your truth
Don’t wait, Lord, show us your power
This very hour
We are listening, praying, heeding
Your call to be still and know
The One from whom all miracles flow
Shine your light where the plight of sin
Reveal to your children
The reason they are given
Prevent suicides about to happen
Put those angels to guard where there is beating, slapping
Now, Oh Lord
Show us Your Holy
For You are Our One and ever Only
When God feels distant in your life, remember all He has done for you in the past and who He is, for that never changes. I like how the Psalmist talks to his own soul here in verse 7, reminding himself of the Lord’s goodness:
(1) I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy
(2) Because He turned His ear to me I will call on Him as long as I live.
(3) The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came over me; I was overcome with distress and sorrow
(4) Then I called on the name of the Lord, “Lord, save me!”
(5) The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
(6) The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me
(7) Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.
~Psalm 116 (to read the remaining verses, go to your Bible)
If you are having a rough time, I encourage you to seek Jesus, talk to Him sincerely as if He was there in the room with you.
If you have thoughts or plans for suicide, call this hotline 1-866-567-8352 or 911.
If you would like to be prayed for this month of January, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will go live to read this poem and Scripture. Join me at https://Facebook.com/jdibble4Him at 4pm Eastern time.
A new post at https://juliedibblewrites.wordpress.com
Have a wonder-full rest of this second day of 2019.